Amy Jean's Blog

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Strange thing, really, when you realize for the first time all your friends have turned into aquantances. For a bit over a year, I worked 40-50 hours a week and went to school. Now granted it was an online school, but I was still tied up from dawn until after dusk. So slowly my friends pulled away and stopped calling. Now that I'm done studying (I passed the state test... Hurray!), I'm finding myself a tad bit lonely. I have one friend, and yes I still call her a friend, whom I was visiting today. Someone else I called friend came over as well, but she would not look at me much. She even directed invitations to my friend and not to me. I now call her aquantance. As confusing as this sounds, I'm rolling it around in my head and seeing that I'm pretty friendless these days! I have an aquantance in Europe, one 45 minutes away in Canada, and many more here in the Northern part of WA, but whom shall I call friend? Ah, but my husband is still here. He calls me friend ;o) Perhaps I'll call someone right now...

2 Comments:

Blogger e said...

can i be your friend? i promise to do a better job of keeping in touch. i totally understand being friendless. i don't have many these days either, which is probably good because i need to do this dissertation thing, but it's nice to have someone to go out with in the evenings or when you just need a break. but almost everyone went home for the summer ... and i'm still here ... writing a dissertation ...

6:03 AM  
Blogger Amy Jean said...

Ahhhh... Okay, let's be friends! Hurray! A friend! Even if you are a long way away and I haven't seen you in a year. It's still nice to be loved ;o)

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home